Tuesday, December 11, 2012

It was 9:00 at night.  We had just put the kids to bed.  It was time to do what we enjoy most when we put the kids to bed.  Then Darcia asked me to do something:

Would you like to take my mom's car, wash it and fill it up with gas and drive it back to her place?

Normally I would have resisted.  I knew it had to be done, but my first question would have been, "Do we have to do it now?  Can we do it later?  Are you serious?"

But I actually just said "Yes." Slight hesitation as I contemplated my 40-day experiment, and then said Yes.  I got the keys, my wallet, and left.

We borrowed her mom's car while our was being fixed.  It was time to take it back, and it needed to be done this week.  To be nice we needed to wash it and fill it up (remember:  anybody who borrows my car).  It wasn't exactly what I had in mind for the evening, but I did it.

Maybe I'm starting to learn a bit.  Learn to serve others honestly.  Learn to live to serve others.  Maybe I'm starting to change.

Oh, and what do we enjoy doing most after the kids are in bed?  Walk the dog, of course.  
Jack came for the car ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment