I guess so.
I'm glad to.
Darcia needed a massage last night. We have a big massage machine - we call it The Thumper. That's what it does, thumps up and down your back, bruising you into tenderness.
When Darcia asks for a massage it's always at the end of the day. Read: at night. After I lay down in bed.
I always say 'Yes.' But to be honest, I don't always have a good attitude about it.
A lot of the time I'd like to say "No thank you. You see, I'm tucked into bed already, and it's cold out there. How about tomorrow?"
I never say that though. I do it because I should. It's my duty. What husband is so mean that he would refuse this after his wife has worked hard all day? Of course I will. I'm just not happy about it, and I hope you remember this later. Like when I want something.
How about "I'd love to"? "It is my delight." "If it makes you happy there is nothing I would rather do."
Serving is always putting others first. Consider others as more important than yourself, think nothing of your own life.
Can I respond with joy when others ask for something?
No comments:
Post a Comment