Friday, January 30, 2015

Too busy to listen, I need quiet to see

We live in a busy world and lives are filled with activities. It seems like there's always something else to do, or something we don't have to do that distracts us and keeps us busy.

We miss so much of what God wants to show us and say to us because of this. We always ask the question how do I know God's will? How do I see what God is doing? What is God saying to me? But then we run off and busy ourselves without ever taking this space and time to listen and hear and to watch and see.

I forget most of what God showed me this week. Often my eyes and ears aren't even tuned to hear and see, but even if I did hear, I forget, and it hit me like water on duck feathers, just sliding off without ever really impacting me.

How can we know God without ever taking time to listen? And how can God settle inside of us if we fill our lives with busyness?

I do a lot better when I have a project to work on. So here's my project to help me with this exercise: I want to try and journal online here, and each day write down something that God said, something God did, or some way that I encountered God.

No comments:

Post a Comment