Well, that was one of the more dirty jobs I've done.
Terra got a puzzle for Christmas. She and Darcia did it together, all 499 pieces.
Yes, there was one missing.
We looked in the couches, under the couches, under the area rug, everywhere we thought it might be.
And then Darcia concluded: It must have been vacuumed up.
The vacuum bag was full. Darcia put on a new bag, and put the old one by the door. "Shouldn't I throw it out?" I asked. No, she wasn't sure yet. Not while she thought piece #500 might be in there.
So it sat for two days, while I thought she was crazy.
Tuesday night she was out. If she wanted someone to check for the puzzle piece, I would be glad to do it.
Do you know what's in a full, dirty vacuum bag? Let me tell you. Lots of fine dust. Bits of coloured paper. Dried food pieces. Dog food crumbs. One lego piece. And lots of hair. Not short Wayne hair. But lots of long Terra, Trinity and Darcia hair. A web of hair holding all the dirt and dog food and paper bits together. Sorted through with fingers one segment at a time. (It takes about 30 minutes to comb through a vacuum bag.)
Yes, I agree. It was yucky.
Oh well. It was for Darcia.
And the puzzle still only has 499 pieces.

No comments:
Post a Comment