Monday, January 28, 2013

Can you take this to the car for me?

I was awake, but barely. I had just put breakfast on the table. And Darcia asked me, "Can you take this to the car for me?" It was heavy. Her arms weren't really full. But she asked for help.

Honestly, I didn't want to. I had bare feet. It was cold out. And really, she could manage. Or the kids could help. What else did we have them for?

My first instinct was to complain. Then I remembered. Of I was at work and my boss asked me tonjlo, what would I do?

Of course I would do it. No question. Even of it didn't make sense to me.

So u jumped up, put shoes on my bare feet, and carried it out.

Of the most important thing for me is serving others I would be happy to do it.

Darcia's dad had this nailed. It's actually unfair for me to be compared to him. Darcia's mom would work late at the hospital sometimes. In the winter her dad would drive to the hospital to start her car to warm it up for 10 minutes before her shift was done. Then he would go to the ward and collect the keys from the other nurses and warm up their cars.

Today, when I came in and finished breakfast, I cleaned the kitchen, then took Darcia's car in to the mechanic. Then made dinner while we "communicated". Now I'm at Trinity's basketball practice.

To be honest, these aren't things I need to consider doing for her, they're just things I need to do, for my benefit as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment