Thursday, February 19, 2015

God watches Facebook

My family goes to Cuba in a week to visit a church that we've made friends with. I asked them if there's anything specific they would like us to bring. The pastor said he needs a suit for official church occasions like weddings and funerals and anniversaries. He gave me his size - 34 inch waist, 5'10" tall. It's not my size, and I don't have any suits to give him anyway.

I posted the request on Facebook to see if there was anybody with an old suit of the same size. Within a couple hours I had a response.

My friend Jin is a snappy dressed Korean guy. He's friendly and generous. If there is anybody who would be dream donor, it would be Jin. And he just happened to be the same size as my pastor friend in Cuba.

I stopped by Jim's house to pick up a suit last night. He had not one, but two suits for me to take. The pastor will say thank you to me, but I'm not the giver, I'm only the delivery boy. God is the giver, in partnership with my friend Jin.

No comments:

Post a Comment