Tuesday, February 24, 2015

On our way to Cuba, God in the airport

We're in the airport on our way to Cuba.
A few days ago I started praying that we would meet special people - people we don't necessarily know we will meet, but people and encounters that we will remember the most. Magical ones.

I'm a little afraid that we won't make real, deep friendships with anyone. So I started to pray that we would.

It was slow when we checked in our bags. The service lady asked where we were going in Cuba.  We answered slowly, not knowing if she wanted to hear the whole story, especially the religious part. But she kept asking. How did we make the connections? What were we going? Bit by bit the story came out.

Then we found out that her husband is/was a pastor. At a church my brother went to. "When I saw Hoover on your ticket I wondered if you were related to Jason." Then she asked God to bless us, and we were on our way.

Can God create divine moments of friendship?

No comments:

Post a Comment